The SafeSport® Trained Core gives a comprehensive overview of facts, principles and strategies to help you provide safe and positive sport environments.
You’ll learn to prevent, recognize, and respond to emotional, physical, and sexual abuse and misconduct in sport. This foundational course brings concepts home with realistic, thought-provoking scenarios to help you test your knowledge and apply learnings to real life.
- 90-minute online training
- Certificate of completion
- English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Japanese and Russian
- Creating safe and respectful environments
- The coach/athlete relationship
- Laws and policies
- Sexual misconduct: Deﬁnitions, types, and terms
- Consent: Deﬁnitions, rules, and sample scenarios
- Power imbalances and sexual misconduct
- Child sexual abuse: Introduction, facts, myths, and legal deﬁnitions
- Why some victims don’t report
- Signs and symptoms of abuse
- Managing high-risk situations
- Compliance and reporting: Do’s and Don’ts
- Barriers and legal requirements
- Suspicion of abuse
- Responding to disclosures
- Reporting to authorities
- Bullying and Cyberbullying (includes scenarios)
- Hazing (includes scenarios, myths/facts
- Harassment (includes scenarios, creating safe environments)
- Emotional Misconduct (includes scenarios)
- Physical Misconduct (includes scenarios)
Additional Courses Available
We also offer audience-specific courses for Parents, Adult Athletes, Youth Athletes, Athletes with Disabilities, Health Professional, and Volunteers. Download our full course catalog for more information.
About the U.S. Center for SafeSport®
The U.S. Center for SafeSport® is an independent nonproﬁt organization responsible for responding to and preventing emotional, physical, and sexual misconduct and abuse in the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Movement. The Center also serves as an educational resource for sports organizations at all levels, from recreational sports organizations to professional leagues.